MYTH #1: Singaporeans owns their HDB flats. TRUTH: Singaporeans are merely renting these 99-year leasehold properties from HDB at exorbitant prices. The Housing Development Board was set up in 1960 during a time when large numbers of people are living in squatter settlements and slums around the city centers. Under the then indefatigable Minister for National Development […]
- What next? Senior civil servant saying that those who don’t vote PAP don’t wish S’pore well?
- ‘Super-long e-scooter’ impounded after man gets caught riding it on the road
- China launches world’s longest sea bridge linking Hong Kong, Macau, Zhuhai
- US judge affirms Monsanto weed-killer verdict, slashes damages
- WP member moved to tears at how Low Thia Khiang is treated by residents as AHTC trial rages on
- Taiwan driver granted bail after 18 killed in train crash
- PM Lee: Don’t flaunt wealth and GST to increase after 2021