We need to build up institutions to guard against future government failure. We all know we need to buy insurance before something bad happens, not after. It’s the same for government. We need to slowly build up a credible alternative party so that if the ruling party fails, the alternative can step in to take its place, and Singapore will continue to progress and thrive. This process could take years and many election cycles. The Workers’ Party has started this process of building with your help. In this election, we need to work together to continue to build a credible alternative.
- Jim Rogers banned from investing in North Korea
- Death penalty to be replaced with 30 years’ imprisonment should it be abolished, says Malaysian Minister
- Driver arrested for attempting to smuggle a man out of Singapore illegally
- NTUC removing fish from the menu does not gel with wanting to keep food costs down for the consumer
- Temasek pays US$250m for 3-yr-old Israeli cybersecurity firm when original investor only put in US$4.3m
- Chart of the Day: Taxi licence holders on the rise after Grab-Uber merger
- The challenges Singapore entrepreneurs face, and what it takes to succeed