We need to build up institutions to guard against future government failure. We all know we need to buy insurance before something bad happens, not after. It’s the same for government. We need to slowly build up a credible alternative party so that if the ruling party fails, the alternative can step in to take its place, and Singapore will continue to progress and thrive. This process could take years and many election cycles. The Workers’ Party has started this process of building with your help. In this election, we need to work together to continue to build a credible alternative.
- US court rejects Allergan bid to shield patents through tribe deal
- Bayer to phase out Essure birth control device in U.S
- Trump accuses China, EU of currency manipulation
- China and UAE sign deals as president visits Abu Dhabi
- US rejects Russia idea for referendum in eastern Ukraine
- S’porean woman, 25, fined S$5,500 for evading S$819 GST on Paris-bought branded goods
- Putin says Russia’s World Cup stadiums should remain soccer venues