I recall one instance when one of them was transiting through Singapore and requested a call on the President that very morning. We hurriedly put up the request, expecting the President to decline. To my surprise, he agreed, even though he was not at the Istana that morning -- he had to rush down for the meeting. As far as I remember, never once did he decline a call. Such was the nature of the man. He took his responsibilities very seriously, and carried our flag with much grace and dignity.
- G20 agrees to ‘monitor’ cryptocurrencies but no action yet
- Cambridge Analytica suspends CEO amid data misuse scandal
- Doctors endorse counseling of some kids, young adults to prevent skin cancer
- Fatal US self-driving auto accident raises novel legal questions
- China’s Tencent to take stake in Ubisoft games maker
- Football: Contenders for England’s goalkeeper World Cup conundrum
- Exclusive – Cycling-X-ray trucks to be used at top races to detect motors