I recall one instance when one of them was transiting through Singapore and requested a call on the President that very morning. We hurriedly put up the request, expecting the President to decline. To my surprise, he agreed, even though he was not at the Istana that morning -- he had to rush down for the meeting. As far as I remember, never once did he decline a call. Such was the nature of the man. He took his responsibilities very seriously, and carried our flag with much grace and dignity.
- Jim Rogers banned from investing in North Korea
- Death penalty to be replaced with 30 years’ imprisonment should it be abolished, says Malaysian Minister
- Driver arrested for attempting to smuggle a man out of Singapore illegally
- NTUC removing fish from the menu does not gel with wanting to keep food costs down for the consumer
- Temasek pays US$250m for 3-yr-old Israeli cybersecurity firm when original investor only put in US$4.3m
- Chart of the Day: Taxi licence holders on the rise after Grab-Uber merger
- The challenges Singapore entrepreneurs face, and what it takes to succeed