I recall one instance when one of them was transiting through Singapore and requested a call on the President that very morning. We hurriedly put up the request, expecting the President to decline. To my surprise, he agreed, even though he was not at the Istana that morning -- he had to rush down for the meeting. As far as I remember, never once did he decline a call. Such was the nature of the man. He took his responsibilities very seriously, and carried our flag with much grace and dignity.
- US court rejects Allergan bid to shield patents through tribe deal
- Bayer to phase out Essure birth control device in U.S
- Trump accuses China, EU of currency manipulation
- China and UAE sign deals as president visits Abu Dhabi
- US rejects Russia idea for referendum in eastern Ukraine
- S’porean woman, 25, fined S$5,500 for evading S$819 GST on Paris-bought branded goods
- Putin says Russia’s World Cup stadiums should remain soccer venues