Now the Prime Minister exhorts us to lower our expectations for future economic growth. Frankly I'm not confident that we can even achieve 2-3% growth with this government's economic policies. Productivity, which is the main driver of quality growth, has been flat or negative for the last 4 years. The main thing that's propping up growth these days is labour inputs, largely from the (still) growing foreign labour force.
- How to react to PAP’s prognosis of doom and gloom
- Spotify takes minor stake in music distributor DistroKid
- England prop Vunipola ruled out of November games
- Aluminum producer Alcoa tops profit estimates, shares rise
- Wall St. falls as investors eye a united hawkish Fed
- US stocks fall modestly on housing data, mixed earnings
- Wenger expects to be back in work by January