The Indian government is pushing the Supreme Court to apply a rarely used doctrine that would strip the US$11 billion tobacco industry's legal right to trade, an effort aimed at deterring tobacco companies from challenging tough new regulations.
- Typhoon order outlook as good as it’s been for some time: BAE CEO
- China, EU reaffirm Paris climate commitment, vow more cooperation
- Fierce heatwave hits Japan flood recovery
- Chinese ‘highway to nowhere’ haunts Montenegro
- EU urges big powers to avert trade ‘conflict and chaos’
- Thai cave boys and coach dug holes daily in hope of escape
- Trump blames Washington for poor Russia ties ahead of Putin summit