WASHINGTON: The United States announced on Monday (Jan 29) it was lifting its ban on refugees from 11 "high-risk" countries, but said those seeking to enter the US would come under much tougher scrutiny than in the past. Applicants from 11 countries, unnamed but understood to include 10 Muslim ...
- Appreciating the role structural injustice plays in perpetuating poverty
- Divided EU leaders convene for emergency talks on migration
- Saudi women driving ban ends
- Commentary: Is Airbnb sharing or plain old commercial letting? What regulation needs to consider
- Fox spirits and demons: China’s tech giants splash out in cartoon arms race
- Trump adviser Kushner tells Palestinian newspaper he’s ‘ready to work’ with Abbas
- Higher taxes on the rich and being more open to using our national reserves: MP Seah Kian Peng goes On the Record