A mayor opposed to a U.S. Marines base on Okinawa is leading his ruling party rival as he seeks re-election in a poll on Sunday, raising the prospect the base will remain a thorn in U.S.-Japan ties.
- Russia’s Kadyrov honours Egypt’s Salah at gala dinner – press service
- Dow ends losing streak as oil shares gain
- Netflix communication head quits over ‘insensitive’ comment
- USOC close to naming new chief
- Hend zooms to BMW lead as Fleetwood barely makes cut
- Accused N.Y attacker says US court’s judgement ‘not important’
- No drugs, no alcohol in US celebrity chef Bourdain’s body when he died – prosecutor