SHANGHAI: The number of deaths caused by workplace accidents in China fell 12.1 per cent to 38,000 in 2017 compared to the previous year, state media reported on Tuesday (Jan 30), citing figures from the country's safety watchdog. But fines for work safety violations rose 58 per cent in the year ...
- Appreciating the role structural injustice plays in perpetuating poverty
- Divided EU leaders convene for emergency talks on migration
- Saudi women driving ban ends
- Commentary: Is Airbnb sharing or plain old commercial letting? What regulation needs to consider
- Fox spirits and demons: China’s tech giants splash out in cartoon arms race
- Trump adviser Kushner tells Palestinian newspaper he’s ‘ready to work’ with Abbas
- Higher taxes on the rich and being more open to using our national reserves: MP Seah Kian Peng goes On the Record