CAIRO: In October, Emad al-Din Abdel Hamid, a former army commando who had embraced Islamist violence, led a desert ambush against Egyptian police. His decision illustrates a growing threat from ex-officers ready to turn their guns on the security forces. Abdel Hamid, whose group Ansar al-Islam ...
- Typhoon order outlook as good as it’s been for some time: BAE CEO
- China, EU reaffirm Paris climate commitment, vow more cooperation
- Fierce heatwave hits Japan flood recovery
- Chinese ‘highway to nowhere’ haunts Montenegro
- EU urges big powers to avert trade ‘conflict and chaos’
- Thai cave boys and coach dug holes daily in hope of escape
- Trump blames Washington for poor Russia ties ahead of Putin summit