DUBAI: A court in Bahrain on Wednesday sentenced 58 people on terrorism charges, condemning two of them to death and stripping citizenship from 47, state news agency BNA reported. The ruling is the latest in a series of scores of harsh penalties in the Western-allied Gulf kingdom for defendants ...
- Football: Kashima beat Guadalajara 3-2 to reach Club World Cup semis
- Hockey – Dutch outlast Australia to set up World Cup final v Belgium
- Modric criticises Ballon d’Or gala snub by Messi, Ronaldo
- Swimming: Ageless Santos eclipses Le Clos for butterfly world gold
- Rejuvenated Bayern crush Hanover to close in on top spot
- Spike in egg prices partly due to bird flu: Malaysia’s agriculture minister
- Australia recognises West Jerusalem as Israel’s capital, embassy not moving yet