WASHINGTON: The Taliban are openly active in 70 per cent of Afghanistan's districts, fully controlling 4 per cent of the country and demonstrating an open physical presence in another 66 per cent, according to a BBC study published on Tuesday (Jan 30). The BBC estimate, which it said was based on ...
- Matcha & durian in coconut milk hotpot is a thing in China
- Thousands of French ‘yellow vests’ protest for fifth Saturday
- Germany weighing new government jet after Buenos Aires debacle
- Ukraine Su-27 fighter crashes, pilot killed – statement
- At least 20 Afghan civilians killed in airstrike – local officials
- Ridiculously talented S’porean musicians make MV tribute for Mayday’s 20th anniversary, mash-up iconic songs
- UN climate talks run into overtime, but deal ‘in reach’