HANOI: Three Vietnamese activists were sentenced to between six and eight years in jail on Wednesday (Jan 31) for "anti-state propaganda" after posting online videos criticising the communist regime, which is accused of tightening its grip on dissidents. The one-party state has long locked up ...
- Football: Kashima beat Guadalajara 3-2 to reach Club World Cup semis
- Hockey – Dutch outlast Australia to set up World Cup final v Belgium
- Modric criticises Ballon d’Or gala snub by Messi, Ronaldo
- Swimming: Ageless Santos eclipses Le Clos for butterfly world gold
- Rejuvenated Bayern crush Hanover to close in on top spot
- Spike in egg prices partly due to bird flu: Malaysia’s agriculture minister
- Australia recognises West Jerusalem as Israel’s capital, embassy not moving yet