WASHINGTON: Newly-installed US Federal Reserve chief Jerome Powell pledged on Tuesday (Fed 13) to preserve the key gains made in banking regulation since the global financial crisis and continue gradual interest rate increases. Powell, who took over as Fed chair on Feb 5, just as Wall Street took ...
- Ukraine’s Poroshenko – we’ve listened to foreign partners on corruption law
- China jails Tibetan language promoter for ‘inciting separatism’
- Italy’s 5-Star defends track record of prime minister candidate
- HDB launches 6,992 flats under May BTO and SBF exercise
- Mega projects such as Kuala Lumpur-Singapore HSR to be fully reviewed by new Malaysian government
- Russia and Japan warn US of US$1 billion in tariff retaliation
- Rights group accuses Egypt of mass demolition of homes in Sinai