German Chancellor Angela Merkel said on Friday that she wanted the European Union to have a close relationship with Britain when it leaves the bloc and added that the allies should work together closely on security and defence in the future.
- Football: Kashima beat Guadalajara 3-2 to reach Club World Cup semis
- Hockey – Dutch outlast Australia to set up World Cup final v Belgium
- Modric criticises Ballon d’Or gala snub by Messi, Ronaldo
- Swimming: Ageless Santos eclipses Le Clos for butterfly world gold
- Rejuvenated Bayern crush Hanover to close in on top spot
- Spike in egg prices partly due to bird flu: Malaysia’s agriculture minister
- Australia recognises West Jerusalem as Israel’s capital, embassy not moving yet