U.S. retail sales recorded their smallest gain in six months in August as consumers cut back on purchases of motor vehicles and clothing, but upward revisions to July data likely keep intact expectations of strong economic growth in the third quarter.
- AHTC trial: PwC’s forensic auditor conceded that he did not consider ‘factor of political life’ in giving the adverse report
- Chinese premier urges protection of free trade as US spat grows
- Around 100,000 Opel vehicles to be recalled in diesel probe – ministry
- Beer lovers face price spikes, shortages as climate changes: Study
- M’sian man uses Booking.com to book holiday apartment in Korea, discovers it doesn’t exist
- Hi-tech peer-to-peer networks let Nigerian farmers log on for cash
- EU ministers say still time for Brexit deal as failure looms