HAMBURG: German Chancellor Angela Merkel will hand off leadership of her party Friday (Dec 7) after nearly two decades at the helm, with the race wide open between a loyal deputy and a longtime rival. The contest's outcome is expected to be crucial in deciding whether Merkel, Europe's most ...
- Man arrested over cash tossed on Hong Kong street: Reports
- Swimming: Dressel snatches gold to burnish US superiority at World Championships
- Strasbourg attack victims honoured
- Car bomb kills 8 people in Syria’s Afrin: Monitor
- North Korea condemns US sanctions, warns denuclearisation at risk
- Yemen warring parties say port city ceasefire starts on Tuesday
- UN calls for ‘credible’ probe into Khashoggi murder